Sunday, April 02, 2006

Shocking the GM

Texas - Game 3

The party makes it to Peta Nocona's camp, and I have already decided that there is no way that the party is changing history - this time. So when meeting the warchief, he flat out tells them, "no way".

But Peta, unfortunately, uses the word "kin" to describe Cynthia Ann's current status (my bust as I should have said "slave"). Granny latches onto this like a dog on steak, and tells him "well that makes ME kin, too". I call her bluff, so they tell her she has to marry into the tribe. Surprising me, she agrees (and I don't get to start the party off in a battle in the middle of the camp). Damn. OK then, they give her the oldest bastard in the tribe as her bridegroom. Crooked Leg hobbles into the teepee, and again she says OK. It seems Granny has buried 4 husbands, and it's been awhile. I never saw it coming. It works out for Granny, as she now knows exactly where the girl is, and can succor her, if not rescue her.

After some horse trading, and wedding prep/partying, the party is off to Santa Fe, ostensibly to gamble, but I keep hearing "silver mines" from the greedier party members.

An Apache ambush at the point where they hit the Santa Fe trail turns out badly for the Apache; nothing spectacular, but Crooked Leg has the best shot of the battle, scalping an Apache as he falls. He may be old, but he's hell on wheels with a tomahawk.

The priest has spent the last month in an iron pot, reloading Brown Besses.

Passage into New Mexico is purchased with the tale of the Apaches, and a bottle of "fine whiskey". The group gambles, drinks, and runs into an inside man at the Governer's Silver Mine Del Norte.

I think, next game session, they plan on taking the tour.

No comments: