Sunday, May 08, 2005

Other changes than just trying to get ourselves blowed-up reel gud!

1: We are no longer the 14 recon. We are now part of the 162 Commando. YEAH! I don't know much more than this except the 162 is a bigger unit and therefore we should be supported better in our tours of the countryside. However, I would assume that we will be under more observation by headquarters so we will have to look sharper.

This a word to the wise... I'm haven't turned anyone in (especially if they have whiskey) or turned down any joy rides (just let me know, huh) but this probably be a new ball game. If you're going to do something non-military (shivers, "Pink Whorehouses") there will probably be other people looking at your actions too. Just a thought.

2: I have been or will be Gazetted, That means my M.B.E. turns into an O.B.E.. Another couple of turns and you can address me as Sir Harold Milton. For a bunch of crazy people, we aren't half bad. Now if we can just trade the unwanted soldier for Adolf himself, we'll have this war half won. Sgt Connery, would you like to be Stalin?

3: Sgt. Jones has been put in for a field grade promotion to 2ndLt and either MID or a medal. If she gets the commission, I'm going to put in the paperwork for her to take over the command of the group and I actually start working as an observer/advisor.

That's all!
Cpt Harold Milton O.B.E.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh rah Sgt Jones!

Oops, that's not quite Welsh, I bet.

Congrats to the both of you.

As to our extracurriculars, we have had good results:
Referring at first to our pink whorehouse, I won't attempt to say it was the ONLY factor in acquiring our 2nd functioning radar site, but it helped, didn't it?

Our guides across the sands have been Bedouin bribed by Scotch, Scotch we paid for with the proceeds of our Lyons "shopping trip".

I will steal anything that I believe helps throw down Jerry. I will blackmail anyone I consider necessary to achieve the same results. If a well placed dagger in the back of a posh is what it takes...

As far as more support, Bob's your uncle.

Anonymous said...

Bob's got a new sense of confidence

Bob's doing everything BIGGER now

And Bob's wife is enjoying his BIGGER lifestyle as well.

Call for your free sample!

Cpt. Harold Milton O.B.E. said...

Okay so the pink whorehouse did some good after all... but guys(and gal) did it have to be "PINK"?

AS for the rest of that, I too have helped with that and will continue to do so. But we're going to have to be more "SNEAKY" about it.

Also my thoughts are we're going to have to think more militarily when we come up with reasons why things just dissapperared or turned up.

Once we're out of sight and out of mind of HQ. I don't care if you turn the whole Italian army into Ballet Dancers.

"I'm making it Big time. I'm watching grow. Yeah!" - Peter Gabriel

Unknown said...

I thought the whole Italian Army was already a bunch of ballet dancers :> The bloody wogs!!

Anyway, we approach our "extracurricluars" with the same planning and precision we approach our ops...

On second thought, I see why you're worried.

The only dumb thing was the grenade swap for the book, which could have been handled better. BUT, the book might be necessary.

Or havn't you noticed Sean waking up screaming when he tries to sleep at night?

"Bugbears and bloody hags can bite my ass, but I'm not pissing on about with any more mummies"